Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Update

That's right, everyone. I am officially dusting off the old laptop screen and getting the little grey cells moving in order to bring you thoughts from my most peripatetic journey yet: the Amalfi Coast of Italy! I know you probably couldn't hear it, but that was me applauding…admittedly slow-clapping, for myself. To myself. I know. Sometimes, I can get a little bit self-focused. But when you live between suitcases, cities, and countries you have to learn self-preservation. For me, this meant taking a step back from writing. Mostly because nothing interesting was happening. But also because I decided 'less musing, more doing'. My own version of 'keep calm and carry on', albeit less catchy, and…it probably won't end up emblazoned on your coffee mugs.

This writing break also happened because I spent 2.5 months away from England in order to prove to them (that is, the U.K.) that I was NOT going to be an overstay. It is awful to be away from your partner-in-crime for so long, especially after being together non-stop for almost 2 years. (Wow. Almost at our second wedding anniversary. Be still my heart!). Yet I am pleased to report that if I had to leave England and my hubs due to visa restrictions, then I got to enjoy my time in exile doing productive things with really good people. I worked hard, played hard, and got much closer to these beautiful people in my life I am blessed to call family and friends. The quirks, the shadowing in the ICU, the 9pm sushi making with my younger brother, honestly it was great. You all know who you are, and I'm so thankful for the time I got to spend with each and every one of you. Thank you for making my time away from England so memorable!

Before I cry, continue reading on. Because exciting and interesting things have happened, and now I get to write about them! Namely, our 2 1/2 week adventure to the Amalfi Coast of Italy and the Cinque Terre.


1 comment:

  1. I think I fall under the 'quirks' category, but I'm trying to be less quirky, haha. It was wonderful having you here!

    ReplyDelete